A pendulum connects with your intuition, guiding you towards choices that are right for your unique self and the path intended for you. It can assist with decision making, remote or physical dowsing; to locate missing objects, find underground water or to identify problems, such as locating the source of your car issue.
Choosing and using a pendulum
There are a variety of pendulums, the most popular form the cone shapes pointed at one end, made from a gemstone hanging on a chain. The type of gemstones add an extra frequency of healing when seeking guidance. Here are some examples:
Amethyst – Great for Intuition Spirituality, contentment, stability, strength, invigoration, inner peace and meditation
Aventurine- Attract money, Joy, releases fear and anxiety. Promotes independence, change and creativity. Creates a positive attitude toward life.
Tiger Eye- Brings good luck, courage and energy. Balances emotions, is grounding and enhances spirituality. Promotes wealth.
Clear Quartz- Known as the ‘master healer’, clear quartz is the most powerful healing and energy amplifying crystal. This stone balances the chakras, cleanses the aura, absorbs, stores, releases and regulates energy and facilitates in releasing any energy blockages.
Unakite- Used to draw off negative energy and blockage from the Heart Chakra. The crystal of vision. It balances emotions with spiritually, promotes visualization and psychic vision and assists with uncovering deception.
Lapis Lazuli- Personal and spiritual power, relieves depression. Stimulates enlightenment and enhances dream work and psychic abilities, facilitating spiritual journeying. a stone of wisdom, truth and awareness.
Opalite- Improves communication on all levels, especially the spiritual. It removes energy blockages of the chakras and meridians. Emotionally, Opalite helps by assisting during transitions of all kinds.
Rose quartz- For love questions. It gives inner peace and helps in all matters pertaining to love in all its forms. It carries a soft energy of compassion, tenderness, healing, nourishment and comfort.
Obsidian – Protection, a stone of purity provides balance for body, mind and spirit. It helps you recognise and release “wrong thinking” and stressful mental patterns. Promotes inner centering, empowers isolation and loneliness, aiding surrender in meditation
Holding, Connecting With & Receiving an Answer
from Your Pendulum
1. Hold the chain between the thumb and pointer finger, with your prominent hand, for example if you are left-handed, use this hand. Some say the other hand is better, however, the conscious mind has adapted to your prominent hand, using this hand helps you to tap into your sub conscious, your intuition with the pendulum, particularly when making decisions on what exists in your present life. Either way though there is no definitive right or wrong. You will get a sense of which way feels better for your authentic self.
2. Whilst holding the chain rest your crystal in the palm of your other hand.
3. Establish your pendulum’s yes/no response. Choose how the pendulum is to answer. For example, in a ‘circular motion for yes’ and ‘sideways for no’. Another can be clockwise for yes and anti-clockwise for no. Choose which way resonates for you. The yes/no response is helpful for deciding between two options or answering a question.
4. Take a few deep breaths and ask a Yes or No question. Either in your thoughts or out aloud. Focus on the question.
5. When ready, gently lift the crystal from your palm, as still as possible and await the response.
6. The pendulum will begin to move after a pause. The stronger the circling or speed of response the more definite the yes or no
7. If you want more information after the yes or no, place the pendulum in your other hand. Then write down anything that comes in your mind on a sheet of paper. This technique is the starting process of automatic writing.
8. If your pendulum responded with a ‘No’ response, concentrate on a time when you felt disappointed, or reflect on what it may be for you to understand.
9. Read what your unconscious mind or perhaps your Guardian Angel is guiding you towards and you will understand the answer quite clearly. We often assume what we need to do, however, our intuition is what guides us in the direction we need to go. Trust in the response and ask another question. Continue until you have no more questions
Dowsing with Your Pendulum
Dowsing, or divining, has an extensive history back to ancient arts. It is known to have been used as far back as Ancient Egypt. This is a type of divination that can be used to find lost items, discover underground water for buried metals or ores, gemstones, oil, grave-sites, and many other objects and materials without the use of scientific apparatus.
Remote dowsing can also be used by using a diagram of an area or a map, you can even draw a rough sketch. This is done by holding the pendulum over the map to find where it vibrates to locate water, pipes or even lost items that may be hiding in the place identified on the map.
Another technique to establish how many options you have for what you seek. This works on the gravitational pull of the pendulum downwards over the correct choice.
1. Choose an issue where you have several choices or various possible outcomes. This example will be for a lost item.
2. On a sheet of paper, A4 preferably, divide it into squares (grid) and write the options of where you may think the lost item is, each in different squares. Leave a blank one.
3. Hold your pendulum over each of the squares you have written on, moving very slowly.
4. A strong pull of the pendulum downwards will be felt if one of your written options is correct. The pendulum may become very heavy prior to pulling down
5. Unless you feel an instant pull over one square there is no need to wait, move to another square.
6. Continue over each square, even if you the choice has been indicated. You may notice a less movement or tugging over some squares. These can indicate useful information. Use your yes/no questions or do another grid to seek out deeper guidance.
7. If the blank square has the strongest gravitational pull. Use yes/no questions to establish the guidance.
More Remote Dowsing
Undecided on a holiday destination, use the crystal pendulum on a map.
Draw a chart of numbers to dowse for lucky lottery numbers.
Seeking the appropriate home. Use pictures of houses for sale or rent that you have viewed to decide which would be best for you.
Dowsing over Objects
Establish your pendulum’s yes/no response then:
Dowse over herbs, essential oils or different remedies to discover which is immediately best to ease a condition.
Dowse over crystals to establish what will currently assist you.
Dowse different foods and drinks to establish what your body needs right now.
If you are unable to dowse over the actual objects, write the names on a piece of paper and dowse over them.
Headaches, back pain, ear ringing, dizziness and/or exhaustion. You may be Ascending!